I was one of those that wore a 20 lb toolbelt, complete with: wire-strippers, NM-strippers, volt-probe, needle-nose, torpedo level, linesmans, dikes, crimpers, taps, three flat-head screwdrivers, two phillips (#1 & #2), 1/4" & 5/16" nut drivers, wirenut-wrench, two shorty screwdrivers, three colors of tape, knife, channel-locks, 16 oz hammer, tape measurer, and 14.4V drill/driver.

Having the last three on the left and the rest in a tool-pouch on the right balances things pretty well, but suspenders are a must when carrying this much.

Lat year I herniated a disc catching a slipping ladder. My chiropractor says no more tool-belts...

So...

I still wear a carpenter's belt for rough-ins, with simply tape measurer, hammer, knife, one flat screwdiver, strippers and dikes, with lots of staples and wirenuts in the pockets.

The only time I wear the other belt (with most of the not-needed-now tools left on the tailgate) is on ladders, or where leaving them somewhere would be inconvenient.

I hate walking back to the truck...

Side note:

Being only about 140 lbs, I've had to wear my belt once while trenching with a 30" ditch witch. It was one of the older ones that used the "see-saw" method of steering, and I wasn't heavy enough to counter balance the front end without my toolbelt on!

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 11-30-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI