I love the 'blame the tool' assumptions I've heard!

There are many fine drivers out there .... to refer to any of them as 'junk' is, IMO, being a bit hasty.

Now, screw heads are another matter. First of all, there are at least three different head styles that look pretty much alike: Phillips, Reed & Prince, and Posidrive. Very many of the 'Phillips" screws out there are actually Posidrive.
AFAIK, all of the drivers at the electrical supply house are Phillips. So, it's not too hard to imagine someone using a Phillips driver in a Posidrive screw.
Then there is the matter of the 'combo' drive type screws. You know, the ones that are made to accept Phillips, Straight, and Robertson drivers. This is almost, by design, a 'torque limiting' design.

Screws are subject to faults, as well. The head may not be properly formed, or crud may get in the recess during the various plating processes. NO driver will perfectly fit a poor head.

It's been my experience that drivers 'run away' from the screw for two main reasons: the driver is not held in a straight line with the screw, and not enough forward force is applied. The spiral "Yankee" drivers are a big help to solving this problem.

Unlike many others, I will NOT say Klein drivers are the absolute best ever made. In part, because that's a pretty bold claim .... and in part because I own two other brands that are better! laugh
Still, having multiple Klein drivers fail is a cause for concern. That should NOT be happening. Indeed, I have never seen a Klein screwdriver fail in any way. I asked a friend at the supply house, and he has had a few ... very few ... warranty claims involving screwdrivers.

I can't help but think there is something else at work here ..... abuse, mis-use, an extreme environmental condition, or even a playful poster tossing out a fish - to see who nibbles!