The tape is no surprise to me - 2 years ago I had a summer job with a somewhat sub standard EC and the first thing workers would do in the morning was grab 2 or 3 new rolls of tape, right after the coffee and chat.

(Work day in that company looked like this: 6.45: arrive, have a chat and coffee. 7.15: start to THINK about getting in the car. 7.30: get moving. 8.00: earliest time to arrive at the site. Look around once and have breakfast until 10.00. 10.00 - 11.00: do some work. 11.00: go for a second brakfast, seamlessly merging into a liquid lunch lasting until roughly 2 or 3pm. Then go home. (ok, that was one of the worst days, but even on the good ones they didn't get much done. Example: take down 9 pendant lights, i.e. get on the ladder, oben 3 screws, get down with the fixture and repeat. Took 2 guys 3 days to accomplish. Other example: Monday. "I don't wanna work... I still have a hangover from Saturday! Let's have a barbecue with stuff we find on site! So we built a fireplace from bricks, put up the grill of a discarded oven and fired with clean wood scraps... only the meat was store bought)