Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Actually, I don't hate you, I've never met you.
Hate is a tough word.

Hate? Who said Hate? No me..

Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Dislike some of the philosophies, and the possible "real" reasons behind them, would be a better term or terms to use.

It doesn't matter to me, what you use to build a business in relation to business model, but the ethical things are the ones that bother me, and the promotion of such models.

Someday, I will write a post on the reasons behind the $99 upfront charges, and how they relate to "buyers remorse".How pressuring a customer with the use of "shock words" and introducing paranio with keys words will keep a customer from finding 3 estimates.
How the marketting game, with "upfront pricing" and lifetime guarentees is really played, and how the cost of a receptacle change that costs $700 from a price book is all about.

Never have I said all "flat raters" do this, but I am sure most guys here know what I am talking about, and this type of activity happens all over the country.

To each his own.....

So are you against ethical business practices? I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you meant to say 'un-ethical'

See Dnk, this is where you always go awry...you never think before you type.

I will definitely agree that there are companies that operate flat rate and do things that are unethical and possibly illegal. I will also state that there are companies that operate T&M that are guilty of the exact same "crimes" How can a T&M company billing a total of 12 hrs to customers, for an 8 hr day be ethical?

But where you truly go wrong is to even hint, in a public forum, that I have ever done or promoted anything unethical or illegal. I know there is a legal term for what you have just done, but truthfully I don't know if it's slander or defamation of character...whatever.

I challenge you to go through all of my posts anywhere and find where I advocate or promote unethical actions. Quite the contrary.

So, we were having a nice conversation, making up, and then you go and put your foot in your mouth.

I am dying to see your your post on the real reasons behind those items you have listed.

Until then, I expect a public apology, for your unfounded accusation.

Good day to you...

Last edited by mahlere; 06/30/07 10:36 AM.