ECN Forum
Posted By: NJ Wireman NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/28/07 12:16 AM
Some of you out there may know of me from my time to time postings. I come to my fellow nj guys and ask if anyone is in need of an employee. I am laid off and looking for work. If you can help or know of someone that can please email me. I have 7 years exp. Comm/Res Lead man on resi work with my prior companies. But will take on any position you may have. Thanks I am located in Gloucester County NJ but can travel.

Fishnj@comast.net
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/29/07 01:36 PM
Wireman:
I'll call around Monday. Most guys I know are from Northern Monmouth Cty and 'upwards'
How far North you willing to go?
John
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/29/07 01:45 PM
Mahlere is paying "his" service techs $35/hr with full bennies..

Look him up.
Posted By: mahlere Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/29/07 09:44 PM
Dnk is correct...However, you have to be a "corrupt person" and lie and steal...oh, we work the evil flat rate too...so, sorry, you are probably too good of a person to stoop so low.

NJ, good luck, we run resi only in Monmouth County and Commercial from Monmouth North. Where abouts are you? I'll pick my brain to see if I can think of anyone down there.

Hey Dnk...thanks for thinking of me:D

Edit to add- RG, thanks for the heads up...I'm glad that I could offer some type of constructive input here:D
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/29/07 10:55 PM
Erik, I was stating you have a very generous pay scale, based upon your posts.

It's no wonder you get so many phone calls from guys looking for work.

I thought you were always looking for good guys.
I have no idea why you get upset.
Posted By: LK Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 12:13 AM
Dnk,

Just this week one of his competors form the same township was working in my neighborhood, I can tell you the exact hours he was there, and when you figure the price the neighbor paid, and devide the hours Erik is cheap, compared to his competion.

The average service electrician around here is making anywhere from $25 to $35 on average, the OP looking for work is in south jersey, I have no idea what they are getting down there, but if he can travel, then going north may increase his chances.
Posted By: mahlere Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 12:15 AM
Erik, I was stating you have a very generous pay scale, based upon your posts.

It's no wonder you get so many phone calls from guys looking for work.

I thought you were always looking for good guys.
I have no idea why you get upset.

not upset at all...i'm glad you thought of me...i was beginning to think you didn't like me anymore.

Posted By: mahlere Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by LK
Dnk,

Just this week one of his competors form the same township was working in my neighborhood, I can tell you the exact hours he was there, and when you figure the price the neighbor paid, and devide the hours Erik is cheap, compared to his competion.

The average service electrician around here is making anywhere from $25 to $35 on average, the OP looking for work is in south jersey, I have no idea what they are getting down there, but if he can travel, then going north may increase his chances.

time to raise the rates? ok...good..
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 12:41 PM
Actually, I don't hate you, I've never met you.
Hate is a tough word.

Dislike some of the philosophies, and the possible "real" reasons behind them, would be a better term or terms to use.

It doesn't matter to me, what you use to build a business in relation to business model, but the ethical things are the ones that bother me, and the promotion of such models.

Someday, I will write a post on the reasons behind the $99 upfront charges, and how they relate to "buyers remorse".How pressuring a customer with the use of "shock words" and introducing paranio with keys words will keep a customer from finding 3 estimates.
How the marketting game, with "upfront pricing" and lifetime guarentees is really played, and how the cost of a receptacle change that costs $700 from a price book is all about.

Never have I said all "flat raters" do this, but I am sure most guys here know what I am talking about, and this type of activity happens all over the country.

To each his own.....
Posted By: mahlere Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Actually, I don't hate you, I've never met you.
Hate is a tough word.

Hate? Who said Hate? No me..

Originally Posted by Dnkldorf
Dislike some of the philosophies, and the possible "real" reasons behind them, would be a better term or terms to use.

It doesn't matter to me, what you use to build a business in relation to business model, but the ethical things are the ones that bother me, and the promotion of such models.

Someday, I will write a post on the reasons behind the $99 upfront charges, and how they relate to "buyers remorse".How pressuring a customer with the use of "shock words" and introducing paranio with keys words will keep a customer from finding 3 estimates.
How the marketting game, with "upfront pricing" and lifetime guarentees is really played, and how the cost of a receptacle change that costs $700 from a price book is all about.

Never have I said all "flat raters" do this, but I am sure most guys here know what I am talking about, and this type of activity happens all over the country.

To each his own.....

So are you against ethical business practices? I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you meant to say 'un-ethical'

See Dnk, this is where you always go awry...you never think before you type.

I will definitely agree that there are companies that operate flat rate and do things that are unethical and possibly illegal. I will also state that there are companies that operate T&M that are guilty of the exact same "crimes" How can a T&M company billing a total of 12 hrs to customers, for an 8 hr day be ethical?

But where you truly go wrong is to even hint, in a public forum, that I have ever done or promoted anything unethical or illegal. I know there is a legal term for what you have just done, but truthfully I don't know if it's slander or defamation of character...whatever.

I challenge you to go through all of my posts anywhere and find where I advocate or promote unethical actions. Quite the contrary.

So, we were having a nice conversation, making up, and then you go and put your foot in your mouth.

I am dying to see your your post on the real reasons behind those items you have listed.

Until then, I expect a public apology, for your unfounded accusation.

Good day to you...
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 03:04 PM
Erik, relax..take a breath.

I'll give you that I may not be the best writer in the world, and I can't figure out "emotioncons" or whatever they are, if you give me, you read alot into something that isn't there.

No-one came out and said "Erik" does this or "Erik" does that.

Slow down a bit, life is toooo short.

Posted By: mahlere Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 03:19 PM
as for where my feelings
edited to remove rest of post...dnk, waiting for your post on the items. until then, good luck and good bye.

Posted By: dougwells Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 06/30/07 10:41 PM
OT for a bit.
I want to ask Dnkldorf ,I see you seem to know a lot about vets etc I am just wondering if they get to collect some sort of Army pension when they are out of the service the reason I ask is some may have extra revenue and ...I am under the impression that if their out on their own contracting they may be including these monies to live on.
Just wondering how others can survive at working solo or 2 man operation paying their overheads.
Posted By: Dnkldorf Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 07/01/07 01:36 AM
Doug, not sure what your asking.
Maybe you can rephrase it.

Pensions are for living expenses.

Same as say a fireman, who retires after 30yrs with a pension.

Posted By: electure Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 07/02/07 11:53 PM
This has got to be the most hijack turned useless thread we've had here in a long time.

Dnk & Mahlere, take it outside of ECN.
Use email, use the private message feature here on the bulletin board, use the chatroom (you can even have a private room), but stop the little war on this Bulletin Board.

This is ridiculous. The rest of the members here don't deserve the continuous disruption.

Posted By: NJ Wireman Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 07/25/07 11:40 PM
electure,
I would have to agree. I was unable to get back on here for a few days to check my thread. When logging back in i was shocked at what i read. This thread went so far of topic it is unreal. For those who did have a suggestion thanks, as to the others PLEASE try to stay on topic.
Posted By: HotLine1 Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 07/26/07 12:27 AM
Electure:
Nice move on your part!
How did I miss all of this?
John
Posted By: PE&Master Re: NJ Guy needing some help? - 07/27/07 12:36 AM
I agree, please take it off-line.
Thanks
© ECN Electrical Forums