My "almost" compliant installation is an indoor pond with fish, plants, and waterfall.

The tub / basin is plastic, so there was never the issue of bonding the rebar. In any event, it seems the 'pool' requirements kick in at a depth of 18", which mine does not exceed.

There are lights, filters, pumps, a heater and an aerator. The one place where I fail to comply (oh my!) is that I have two power strips daisy-chained for this; this is because I several receptacles are blocked off by the two timers in use. Likewise, the recessed lights have site-made trim, as no appropriate factory trim exists.

This pond is very much a work in progress, and I expect that future work will eliminate these issues.

The pumps, etc., are (for the most part) housed in a compartment made for that purpose. Cords and hoses are run under a 'lip' in the supporting frame, only coming into view as they enter the pond. They enter by going over the lip of the pond: I didn't want to create any leakage issues by piercing the basin.