I concur with what Mark ("E57") posted - pass on your Company, Clients and most of all, your years of experience to some qualified individuals, with you remaining as a partner (50% ownership at least), and as RMO, until the time comes where you may disassociate and turn over the Company to others.

Your trade experience is valuable, and so is your Business experience - both of which are major assets to pass on to future tradespersons.

Along with those items, having experience in dealing with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Building Departments and the other trades, is such a valuable thing to pass on to others.

Becoming an Inspector is a great thing - but as we all know it's at times a very "Thankless Job"; where very few people will say "Thanks" or even want to talk with you about your experiences.

Hope this is not a common thing in your area, but it's very common around So. California, when inexperienced or arrogant persons are running jobs.

I hear Inspectors all the time, mentioning what they had to deal with, from the last 3 jobs they Inspected before coming to my Project - and it seems to be getting worse!
I don't understand why some forepersons have to fight with Inspectors!
(rant beginning - topic will now be terminated!!!).

Anyway, if you do close the doors, maybe you could advertise your tool stock at a few Wholesale Houses, in conjunction to the Classifieds here at ECN.

Along with this (and possibly in conjunction to the Inspector Gig), maybe try being a Consultant for your Clients, and/or take a position with another EC as a Designer or Consultant - but not as a P.M.!!! (unless you find a company that isn't looking for a new P.M. ... more on this later).

If you are passionate to educate, try an Instructor position.
A person with lots of trade + business experience would make an excellent Instructor across many aspects of the trade.

Good luck!

Scott

p.s. The term "P.M." = Project Manager, and "Finding A Company That Is Not Looking For A P.M." is directed towards the way many Companies have very high Employee turnovers (replacement) for P.M. positions, due to those employees resigning after the insanity kicks in.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!