Termination of patch panels is just like punching down jacks, except they are attached, to well.... the panel. Easy!

Hal had some great no non-sense instruction for it, but if you haven't done it before.... I agree with him on the patch panel used for phone, there are some systems that use RJ-16 and RJ-45/48 jacks as connection to them, (Which I think GolfJunkie was reffering to.) but you had better be sure you're using one, or your in for a big hassle. A 110 cross connect board as an itermediant is best IMO, as is thing change from a simple pots line, to a KEY, or PBX type system or back, you can just jumper to and from it, and not mess with the cable plant. Especially if this is a residential application. Much easier to re-purpose the cable if need be too.

Take your phone cables in the wall to a 110 cross connect, then to a patch panel. (Take the data straight to the patch panel.) The extra $50 and termination time will be well worth it if this guy changes his mind again.

Heres some instruction on how to install one: http://www.nordx.com/public/htmen/pdf/110CC4-pair.pdf

As for patch panel installation, you're right, there isnt much information out there. But Hals first post has got to be the most consice instruction, in few words, with-out pictures that I could imagine. Add a picture to it and its golden.

I put together an intro phone class for my guys, and never got around to patch panels, and frame-up's in it. Maybe I should get on that....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason