"I'll be damned if I accept the same pay as the less motivated regardless of how much the office tries to 'iron it out'."

I totally agree.

"I agree with you on walking for reasons like slow reimbursement or if they try to screw you on OT or any money related matter. I'd leave over $10 if it were my $10."

I've been there, done that. In fact, earlier this year I left a really good, organized company because of that. I was working with another mechanically able electrician on a 400amp multi-family dwelling service done in parallel with 3/0. I was cutting the lengths of copper at 30-31' so that they would long enough for the drip loop (you know, better to be a mile too long than an inch too short).

Anyway, the lengths of wire should have been cut 28'. So, after cutting 7 of the 8 conductors I was left with about 7' of conductor for the final run.

In the end, I had to run out to the supply house and buy another 28' length to finish the job. A month later $80.00 was taken out of my check to pay for the wire. I thought that sucked, and quit a week later. It was an honest mistake, don't F with my paycheck.