I don't know how many of you remmember this, I like to call this the "Sears syndrome"

What is that Dnk?

Years ago, I can't remmember excatly what year, but anyway, Sears had, and still do, have automotive repair centers. They were apparently paying their technicians a commision on top of their salary, based upon what else they could sell the customer, other than what the customer needed to fix a given problem. Anyway, the Justice Department got wind of this and investigated.
Sure enough, they got caught, seems the technicians were tought to sell more than needed to increase sales and drive profits up. Those that did got compensated handsomely. Very happy employees it seems, very unhappy customers.

From what I can recall, Sears admitted no guilt, paid a handsome fine, let alone the cost of the class action suit, and had to do away with this pratice because of ethical reasons. The technicians were suppose do diagnose a problem, not line their pockets.

Maybe someone can correct me on this, it has been many years ago.

Just thought if any of you guys that pay your technicians commisions based on sales should know this.

Honesty is always the best policy.

Dnk......