I did Commercial and residential service work with that company and is what my company does now also. I'm not sure how prices are in different areas but an example of a typical day for me was a Service upgrade and interior breaker panel change.

A lot of houses down here have old 100 amp services outside and fuse boxes inside the house, the average price for this work was anywhere from $2300 - $3000. We would do this in a 8 hour day but keep in mind this is with a really good helper that can do things on his own without any problems and little supervision.

Another example would be a breaker panel change out in the morning...get done by about 1pm and then a do a couple of small service calls (ballast change outs, outlet added for an office etc..) average breaker panel change here is around $1100 and the service calls were billed at $99 for first hour plus $75 for every hour after that and materials plus $50/hour for the helper.

To answer your question about the output being less if there wasn't an incentive, the answer is yes. Those service upgrades especially are normally a 1 1/2 day job and without a real reason to kill myself getting it done I wouldn't have. I also think you have the right kind of people on the incentive plan to begin with. I don't think it will motivate a person who is not self motivated to begin with.

Another one of the things they had set in place was that if a journeyman couldn't produce $4000/week he wasn't eligible for the incentive plan. The type of work we had and the volume of it, it would be pretty hard to not make that in a week unless there was a problem with that electrician