Personally I find it rather strange, that an employee (Supervisor or not) could be fined for something that could in fact be company policy (not written anywhere in the company rules and regulations).

This in itself would open a huge can of worms as far as liability of employees goes.
I have seen a lot of cases where maintenance personnel are required to take the odd short-cut to get the process line operational again.

I had a situation at my own workplace the other night, a machine blew a CB at the main Switch-board.
My own supervisor screaming at me to get the machine working again in as shorter time as possible.
I locked the breaker out and meggered the cable to the machine, OK.
Had a good look inside the machine, found a cable that had not been tied back from the revolving parts of the machine. [Linked Image]
I was then asked to remove the lock off of the CB to enable the other two machines to operate.
I said it will come off when I'm finished.
Well,
I wish I'd kept my mouth shut, the ensuing whinging, screaming and general bad language, was like a blast of hot air.
I said to "go away" you are holding me up. [Linked Image]
Replaced the cable and unlocked the breaker, all systems go.
Now, what did we lose, apart from about 15 minutes of production time with them machines?.
The idea that something has to be repaired and going yesterday doesn't wear that well with me.
I'm rather placid by nature, my key word is "Whatever".
I don't panic.
Doing that will kill you by a heart attack.

Good lord have I gone really off the topic.

Now, lets get one thing straight here, my supervisor is a woman, with no technical ability whatsoever.
While I am no sexist, it would be very handy if these people had an idea of what they are talking about before they get stuck into us Maintenance staff!.

{Message edited to add last bit}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 10-02-2006).]