My worst shock was aboard a Destroyer in the USN, I was called to Aft steering to Repair/fix some none functioning receptacles, I used my my meter, and determended that one of the fuzes had blown,
(On USN Ships all power is ungrounded, so every 120V circuit actually has 2 hots (at approx 60ish volts) and no neutral.)
So I walk over to the fuze panel, and start turning the thumbscrews to open the cover, (now this panel was located directly under a "Scuttle" (which is a navy term for an alleged watertight opening) well in this case the gasket on the scuttle leaked and had been leaking for some time, so the hinge across the top was beyond rusted out, it was gone.
SO when I swung the cover open, it slipped in my hands and fell into the fuze panel across the A and B terminals. which unfortunatly didn't trip the fuzes up stream, so I am standing there getting 120v from both arms, I couldn't make my hands open nor could I move my arms. (big period)
But being a quik thinking lad of 20, (and so scared that I needed to go change my shorts after this) and realizing that I had no control over my upper body, I started working on my legs, and finally fell to the deck, breaking my self free from the panel. I don't think I took any type of permenant damage from it, But (to me) the worst part of it was all this happened while I had 4 guyz watching me.
the aft steering watch, my Div Officer, an ensign, my Chief (who was an electrician) and the steer watch operator.
I have no idea how long I stood there getting shocked, To me it felt like a long time, but I heard later from the guy on steering watch that I was smoking near the end.(and I don't mean from a cigarette..... lol) To me I think I was hung up there for at least 5 min or more.
No permenant damage as far as I know.........lol Of course I have a list of friends and ex's who would disagree.......lol

Oh and someone mentioned something about Sticking a meter lead w/ the other hooked to 480V to the forhead.....

Same ship, One of my shipmates and I were trouble shooting the limit switches on a boat davit (boat davits are the (basically) winches that lift/lower small boats on/off a ship.)We had actually Red tagged the whole system, and started Troubleshooting the system, "C" was at the control cabinet w/ a simpson 260 meter, and I was out moving the limit switches. Well after awhile he stopped calling out for me to move the switch, so I went to check on him........
and he's sitting there w/ one meter lead hooked to the common (480v control system) and he's looking at the meter w/ this confuzed look on his face, and he's got the other lead in hand scratching his forehead..
and everytime the lead touches his skin, he starts these lil minor body jerks..........
I was like WTF, some ain't right here......
So I grabbed the lead of the common, and then he "wakes up", later we found out that someone had turned on the breaker for the panel w/ the red tag still hanging on it.
so w/ him usiing the meter on ohms, and having voltage present he got some strange readings, not to mention what happened when that lead touched his forehead........