Thanks for all your responses. I'd like to clarify my earlier post, just so there isn't any confusion. First of all, I'm not condoning cheating on a test as important as this one - the electrical trade is a proud profession, and anyone who would try to "beat the system" would only be doing themselves and the trade a disservice. That being said, there are those among us who will try to take the easy way out regardless of the situation. As you guys have pointed out, it's not exactly an easy test to cheat on, but if there were holes in the system, an article pointing them out would hopefully help the administrators of the test shore up those gaps in the system, so to speak.
And electric-ed, I wasn't trying to suggest tradespeople are stupid. But have you ever read "The Tell-tale Heart" by Poe? Those who get away with something have a hard time not bragging about their "accomplishment" to someone.
Again, thanks for all your posts. If any of you would like to discuss your stories with me further for possible inclusion in the article, let me know - I'd be interested in talking to you.