Cheat??
I did the apprenticeship thing, went to trade school at nite. Studied. Took a "Code Course" with a great instructor. Took the test and almost "aced" it. The way it was run, I think it would have been pretty hard to cheat, if you were so inclined.

After the test, I did the paper trail thru the State Board, got a Business Permit, and opened shop. Hired a guy, then another then another, etc.
In the interim, I got the bug to take the Electrical Inspectors Course. (NIGHTS).
Put the time in for the courses, and took the tests. (Three) We have 3 levels, ICS (1-2 family) HHS (Everything else) & Plan Review
"Aced" all three, was a mental veg after 8 hrs of tests, but it was worth it. Now, I'm going for the "Sub-Code" license; 45 hrs course. (Piece of cake???) (Nights too)

Point I'm trying to make is, if you try hard enough, you should be able to suceed without CHEATING.

NJ has a pretty good system, (I think), and I hope it's very difficult to "Cheat". A "master" should not have to even think about cheating.
John

BTW: Please do not think that I'm "patting myself on the back", or "blowing my horn".
I, like all the rest of us professionals at this forum, take pride in what we do, how we do it, and how we got where we are.

[This message has been edited by HotLine1 (edited 10-07-2002).]

John