I forgot to mention:

This job is straight-up T&M, not even an estimate...Not even a "shoot from the hip" "ballpark" figure verbally!... I think that is a first for me...

Oddly enough, he was willing to pay $75 more for PVC and RHW-2 as opposed to SEU for the more robust installation...

I think I can talk him into a new panel, especially after I tell him that the PVC route is roughly the same cost as the SEU route.

Interestingly, this service is going into an old school building that will be converted into a dwelling. <paul harvey>And now for the rest of the story...</paul harvey> The bank building in the Mission Impossible thread, and this old school building, along with many other houses and buildings in the old town of Williamsburg, West Virginia, were hoarded by an old lady who let them rot until the day she died. Then, just recently, they've been auctioned and everyone's trying to salvage what they can. The owner paid less than $5000 for the property with the old school and was immediately offered $8000 for the wormy chestnut that it is made out of.

He won't sell it. He's restoring it. I like that.

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 09-29-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI