As silly as things get.
I recieved a letter from the NZ Fire Service about a week ago that they would no longer be having the position of Fire Safety Officer here in town.
I could, if I wanted to, move to Christchurch and serve here, from there.
I told them to get real.
Some accountant from the NZ Fire Service HQ in Wellington must have seen the fuel bill I clocked up as a Volunteer Support Officer (seperate to Fire Safety duties) and said no way.
I'm one of a few people that holds a TELARC registration for filling breathing apparatus cylinders, in this area (Ray will know what I mean), so therefore everyone in the district loses.
One thing though, that my father told me years ago, if you have a trade, son, you'll never be out of a job.
I've still yet to prove him wrong!. [Linked Image]
I started last weekend at a local newspaper printing company as a Maintenance Supervisor, caused by this thread.
The reason I haven't been around here much lately is that the place runs 24/7 and only really shuts down on Sundays for the "Big Clean-up".
I'll tell you guys a bit more about the place later on and I'll get some pics of the stuff I'm talking about, so that we are all on the same page (no pun intended).