Iwire,
I've been back on the tools for a wee while now and I must say that for some odd reason, I actually <ahem> enjoy going to work these days.
My health is better now, than what it's ever been!. [Linked Image]
I usually have another guy(most of the time, an apprentice)working with me, which is cool, at least you have someone to bounce ideas off.
It seems they all figure work should be a comfortable rest from hard play, I was brought up the other way.
Same here, mate!.
djk,
Your last paragraph there, paints a rather sad, but very real picture, of the future.
Having lots of "professional" people is one thing, but where are they all going to live?.
It makes me wonder about this whole IT thing, how far can it all go?, don't get me wrong I am in no way jealous of the IT sector, but if the bottom ever drops out of it, we could concievably have an unemployment nightmare on our hands.
The same goes for Middle Management positions, look at what happens when an International company, prunes back 1000's of staff, in one foul swoop.
I don't know about you guys, but Job Security is one thing that is VERY important to me, I'm glad I am a Tradesman!. [Linked Image]
{message edited to correct spelling error}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 11-29-2003).]