Gidday there Bob!. [Linked Image]
You guys having a slow-down over in the US?.
I must say that I agree with the less people-higher wages thing, it won't help anybody in the long run and would probably end up hurting the Industry (as in the old biting the hand that feeds you- sort of thing).
Last Friday, I had the oppurtunity to stand at the Careers Expo at the local Racecourse, which is held at the end of each School year, for kids looking to find a job when they leave High School at the end of the year(in 2 weeks).
I was there as a representative of the Local Power Board, as a way of trying to attract some new people into our Lines and Faults Staff.
Believe me, it was the most boring day of my life, I had a few kids visit the kiosk, but as soon as they found that they either had to work outside(Duh!?) or climb power poles, they took off!.
From the whole day of 8 hours, I had 3 possible candidates, out of 350 students, the guy from the ETITO (Electrical Training) got 4 names.
There was however a huge crowd around the Business Management and Law Studies kiosks.
This is sad, we already have too many lawyers in NZ and most of these idiots can't find enough work.