There's no reason to scrape any paint. In most cases the ground bus bar sits on a plastic base.
No that's what it looks like when you open the panel door in order to replace or unscrew a fuse. In this case you even have to open it to switch off the lighting.
The guys who installed this definitely didn't do the nicest of work, but that's the usual sight here. If those things are completely rewired or are completely unchanged they usually look neat, the wires are bent nicely and strapped together with cable ties for each circuit. In this case the way the ground wire for the door is installed makes my hair curl. Not exactly dangerous, but looks really awful. Sevicing such a panel is close to impossible because the wires of all those circuits are just a big mess. And if you fumble behind the elements there's a (though faint) risk to touch the live 230V terminals.
Bungle is correct according to my Langenscheidt, but bodge seems to be more common.
Unfortunately there are very few electricians who really do wquality work, especially on rewires they tend to adjust the quality of their work to that of the original wiring. For example when we had a local company rewire half an apartment I caught a sparky making 220V joints by twisting and taping the wires. His journeyman saw that and told him: "hey you can't do that!" His answer: "But why? It was like that before!"
When our school got entirely new wiring they had to rip out everything and redo it over the summer holidays 'cause nothing worked!
I've seen real scary work done by pros here. Wires running in circles, nails hammered right through the phase conductor of NYIF (flat cable for use in walls, usually secured by driving small nails in the (rather wide) gaps between the individual conductors, that stuff looks like zip cord but much wider with about 2mm between the conductors), strip connectors (Lusterklemmen) buried in plaster, Schuko receptacles fed with 0,75mm2 wire fused 16A slow-blow,...
I sometimes have the feeling some pros here are worse than DIYers, or at least as bad. Get me right: Not all pros are that sub-standard, but of the 4 electricians in my area of the city I know of at least one he's previously done _very_ substandard work. Anyway, he has retired now, but I could still kill him for hooking up 1mm2 wires to a Schuko socket to a 16A MCB. We ran some pretty heavy stuff off of that until I got suspicious because a lamp connected to the same socket almost went out each time I switched on the computer.
Oh yeah, and we originally called them because we wanted a clean new supply to 2 of the rooms, right from the panel. Several years later I ripped up some walls near the panel and discovered both circuits supplying the apartment were stil about half the way old cloth-covered 1mm2 wires w/o ground. They just ran 4mm2 ground wires stapled to the walls and told us everything was fine.