Sparkee;

The inbalanced current of the 1Ø 3 Wire system will be 1.6667 Amps on the Center Tapped Neutral.
The "Common Load" of 1500 VA - or 12.5 Amps @ 120 VAC, will flow between the "Ends" of the Secondary Winding.

(oops, already answered! Sorry!)

Here is a crude schematic of a 4 wire Wye:

[Linked Image]

I thought for sure this schematic was re-drawn and replaced on the server, but I guess not!
Place this task on my "To-Do List" at entry # 37,525,089 [Linked Image]

Anyhow, this thread is kind of going everywhere, yet gaining absolutely nothing! (like walking to the store, then walking back using the same route, yeilds no gain in distance!).

Here's a few simple questions to ponder:

If I take ØA, ØC and the tapped Conductor from the Star Point (the common grounded conductor in most cases, AKA "The Neutral"),

* Could this be viewed as a Polyphase Setup?

* Could this be thought of as a 3Ø setup?

* Can I connect this to the Primary of a 3Ø Transformer, and achieve a 3Ø 3 or 4 wire output? (depending on the secondary configuration)

* If I connect a 50,000 Watt Pure Resistive Load (P.F. = 1.0) between Phase A and Phase B of a 480Y/277V 3Ø 4 Wire system, will the load current be:
<OL TYPE=A>

[*] 104.167 Amps,

[*] 180.51 Amps, or

[*] 60.169 Amps.
</OL>

* If a Spaceship lands in your back yard, how many cubic yards of Sand will it take to fill your Dog's House? - True or False?

I joke a bit about Electro-Techno stuff, mainly because where else can someone add up 1 + 1 + 1 and get 1.732!!!
(or 3 + 4 = 5!!!).

I think for the sake of others reading this thread - who are not as advanced in these areas of theory as others, that we stay on track with the data being discussed - and whenever possible, show references!

If you cannot upload a drawing or text, then contact me via e-mail, to make arrangements and such, and I will do the honors of uploading and embedding images to these threads.

With drawings and schematics, please complie them into .GIFs or even .JPGs first. I don't have as much "Free Home Time" as before, so converting images by me is a rare event!

Please do not take this message as any level of dicketry! [Linked Image]
I just wanted to make a point of reminding everyone about the vast audience viewing this forum area - and that many viewers are trying to better themselves in the theory area.
Help these people by making things a little easier to follow and understand whenever possible.

< soapbox mode = off > [Linked Image]

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!