Quote:
"(anyone understand Exolon/Peco rate formulas?)"

No, but I work for a Utility and it gripes me to no end when one of our employees can't take the time to make an explanation understandable.

You have every right in the world to get a decent explanation of your billing. If you get a some nimrod who's only looking for quiting time, request to speak to someone else. Every Utility is just like any other company, you get good employees and bad ones. From reading these forums, I get the distinct impression that most customers get the bad ones.

DON'T TAKE IT! You are entitled to an adequate and CLEAR explanation.

(....deep breath....calm blue ocean..... ........ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........)

OK. Rant over.

As for the remark that PF correction would lower your Kw demand, I think everyone here is in agreement that PF correction does not change your Kw. So I can only assume that;

1. You are billed on Kva rather than Kw, or

2. Your total bill incorporates a PF penalty that is addressed as a percentage of the Kw and added to it.

IN either case (warming up for another rant here), there is no excuse what-so-ever that the Utility cannot give you an adequate explanation of the way you are billed.