E57:

BTW this same fire crew was at the 4 alarm, 6 hour ordeal downtown earlier in the day that took out the Bank of America Data Center, very rough day for them.

I have been to that B of A Campus before (or at least one in the Downtown S.F. area, which would deal with Northern California stuff!).

Bringing down that EDC - or any Campus brought down -
would result in quite a few nasty grams being sent out, for sure!!! [Linked Image]

They have (finally) integrated UPS equipment for the various Server equipment, but Lighting, General Purpose Power Circuits and "Non-Critical" HVAC equipment (anything not for WAN Servers) is "Sans UPS", so there must have been some "Pissed-Off Net Geeks" and CSRs wondering around there!

Other than the B of A deal, your story is totally non-funny (very sad).
Not that the B of A thing is laughable, it's just what I have seen go on inside of a Corporate Campus' EDC, when Utility Power is lost that makes me chuckle.

If the power was lost + the Building / Personnel were exposed to any type of Hazardous possibility (i.e.: fire), than it is also not funny.

If power was lost and no one was in any danger (other than running into each other, or tearing clothes on the ends of a Steelcase workstation), than it might be good for a laugh.

Scott35

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!