right on George...

Methinks you've heard the voice of frustration here,2E1X4 .
The more experienced members of the trade are confronted by instant gratification sought by today's apprenticeships focus on licensure, and/or the aftermarket courses that would gear all to this end.

The reality is a lifelong dedication as a student of the code is necessary, as this is an evolving 'living' document.

A license may be a meal ticket, yet is far from a know all end all....

Our society has changed its views of the trades from what used to be very respectable careers to almost looking upon them as a cop-out...almost like joining the military.

I did read, althought i cannot seem to find it (messy desk here) about how some electrical orginizaton is trying to reach high school councilors across the nation.
Apparently we are viewed as being down there with Norton the sewer worker.
I beg to differ...
As a matter of fact, one can get fairly intense in the general trade,not to mention the specialized avenues avaiable.

We are told that if you don't have at least a four year degree you are going to make it in life...you end up learning a trade...
True, said social stigmatizim exists, probably widening the gap bettween white & blue collars of late....

but you tell me..... my Bro whom i was originally apprenticed to is raking in $47.50 per hr,( working for others) full bennies (a rubinski too)