Hi all;

Wanted to get some input from memebers as to your experiences with Energy Management Controllers [EMCs], either being installed new by you, serviced by you, or upgraded/changed out by you. Hopefully, this will start a nice thread on the subject.

I have experienced different faults and problems with a few different types, plus have built some simple, yet relable ones myself for a few projects.

Some were Andover, some from custom vendors.

Problems began when the EMC would fail somehow, then a service company would be called in to try to fix the problem. After some time, the problems would compound beyond belief, so we would be called in to re-design a new system. I had the designing tasks and coordination of control equipment, but each site was different.

These were added to many of our clients sites during an Energy Conservation upgrade. They are somewhat required in California, where the Energy Conservation Code [AKA Title 24, part 6] is inforced on any new, remodel or TI Commercial projects. Doesn't have to be a real complex system everytime, but the basics are to allow for occupancy level lighting, bi-level lighting, auto shut off for interior lighting with a manual 2 hour override, along with exterior lighting being controlled via either a photocell or Electronic astro timeswitch.

I am looking for any stories, situations, examples of custom designing and the like, to get some outside feedback on the subject.

Thanks in advance!!

Scott. "S.E.T."

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!