This service came down with a small 2" diameter branch. HO had called the utility to come and drop the power wire before starting. He figured he would get a start on the tree before they got there.

It would have held had the mast not been EMT.

This never did trip the fuse on the pole and was on when the power company came to disconnect. eek! aluminum siding, this whole house was hot. When they called , the power company was there and said "Just come out and put on a new mast. Don't think so.

Problems found. EMT for mast Splice box on line side of power company, Bad grounding system causing Myers hub to melt. Screw on hub to melt. Screws tying ground buss down to melt off. Ground wire was arcing and blowing up all the way thru one service. The other end melted off right on the bottom of the can, Screws mounting service to home were burning.

This had come down before and some lacky put it up I'm sure. The split bolts tying onto the old service entrance conductors were all loose. No ground to water pipe. The 2 #8 bare coppers disappeared into concrete highly unlikely they were attached to a ground rod. I'm betting on a piece of pipe or rebar.

The outside 1/2" conduit run all done with SS connectors

I'm sure there was more wrong with this but it eludes me now.
This apartment now has a new 2 gang meter base with new panels, we even threw in some circuits to the kitchen, bath, and furnace just to help matters out.

Neil (Bomzin)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]