Bill,

I don't think you mean to criticize the plumbing trade. In my opinion, the guy who installed this may call himself a plummr, but I would not call him a qualified plumber. The workmanship stinks. I love the hose bib over the switch(?). If that gauge is as crooked as it looks rather than photographic distortion, it would be the same as installing a remodel box crooked. Who ever ran those cables and installed this has absolutely no respect for or knowledge of workmanship. I live in the land of hot air heat so I am not familiar with those furnaces but there are somethings that do not look right,like the way that relief valve is installed. I could go on and on about an abundance of under qualified people in the plumbing trade. Sometimes I wonder if the big franchises or local licensing are the problem. By the way, a qualified plumber always reams the inside of pipe to remove sharp edges, restrictions and burrs which would cause turbulence inside the pipe which leads to erosion. I'll step off my high horse now, I am just tired of seeing trucks running around with plumbing, heating, electrical, and air-conditioning with jacks of all s. . . and masters of nothing behind the wheel. Saw one the other day with plumbing, electrical, roofing and painting on the side. Sorry about venting.

Joe,
Half kidding, I wonder if you would accept the copper if they soldered on 1/2" male adapters and used locknuts.

Phil H