Sandsnow:
Sorry bout that.. The top picture looks like a total disaster I will agree, so does the picture below.. I dunno, I just dont like the idea of conductors such as what you see there, exposed and in a very wet environment.. what happens if one gets knicked or damaged?? Even if it was a proper cord of some kind, I would still be uncomfortable..... I have gotten "lit" but good a few times just from a little moisture and dirt on the outside of undamaged extension cords... A current actually tracked right from one of the ends down the outside of the cord and through me!!
Usually when you are dealing with pool luminaires the method of grounding is different, and those insta hot heaters, the chamber where the water is heated is grounded metal I think? I am not sure I have only seen pictures...
Even if those electric showerheads are grounded internally of which the top one looks like it may be with that 3rd wire, I would not really trust a measly little #16 or #14 grounding conductor.... With the way those ones were " hacked" in, the ground probably is not connected to anything anyway, and if it is, I would not trust trust its connection...

Sorry I may be wrong on all this but I hope you see where I am coming from... It just doesnt look / seem right...

A.D