the "hot glue" is actually the remains of a "choc block"

I see melted connectors in light fittings here quite regularly, where someone has not realized that they won't stand up to the heat. I've seen some in which the plastic is just a blob and the metal connector is completely bare.

Here's what the blocks look like before they melt:

[Linked Image]
(Named "Choc Blocks" because in the "old days" they were commonly a dark brown chocolate color -- And were much heavier and more tolerant of heat too.)

What I mean is learning the color coordination of conductors in another country, like Afghanistan,

Looks like normal British colors: Red/yellow/blue for A/B/C phases respectively, black neutral. At least the colors are all there, but bearing in mind that sometime last year there was that pic from Iraq where they'd used black as a phase and one of the other colors as neutral, maybe this is anybody's guess. [Linked Image]

The best part of the transfer switch is how the green/yellow wire is so neatly taped off.

If the rest of wiring is like the junciton for the fan, it would probably be redundant anyway. It doesn't look like they've run any earth (grounding) wires in the conduit.