I'll probably regret saying this...

What's the problem? This is temporary wiring for the convenience of the contractors. Who hasn't done something like this when it's needed? What matters is whether the final product meets code.

If you're going to complain that the temporary wiring isn't properly supported at the panel, then why stop there? Demand that the romex be nailed up and protected all the way back to the receptacles. What the heck, if it's commercial property, don't even let 'em use romex for temporary wiring at all -- demand MC or AC. Where do you draw the line?

The point is, I see nothing inherently unsafe about this practice. Anybody in the construction trades walking by these rats nests will give them wide berth.

The only problem I'd have is if the building is occupied and the area is accessible to tenants, in which case the panels should be closed up and the wires secured against accidental movement.

Now, how come phase C in the top picture is white, and if it's an existing panel, where's the conduit for the feeder???