Me, I like safety gear... maybe I'm weird, but when I worked industrial and spent most of my time 40 to 50 feet in the air crawling over greasy pipes to get to where I needed to go, I was very glad to have my two lanyards and safety harness. The other guys didn't like to wear them.
My glasses are perscription safety glasses, and I wear steel toes for everything but trim outs. Then I wear clean bedroom slippers inside, and steel toes out, changing throughout the day.
I have two hard hats in the truck, one in case there's someone working above me, and the second, for anyone who ain't got one in the same situation.

Once, I was working on a service for a house, and the roofers were laying the decking for the roof over my head. After seeing dozens of nails, clips, etc bounce around me, I decided to get my hardhat. Laughter and comments from the peanut gallery above me ensued. Not but a few minutes later, a Paslode nailgun landed beside me and the familiar sound of the pump cycling told me it had went off. I slowly got up... Cursed for about a minute without repeating myself, then exclaimed that I needed an entire suit of armor around you blankety blank blanks!

As far as hot (1000V) tools and PPE, I'm very lacking it that department. I've got a few screwdrivers and that's about it. Slowly but surely, my inventory will grow...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI