that any installation that meets the NEC is going to surpass OSHA standards? I would. The problem that I have, is, will OSHA inspectors interpret their own rules "in light of" the NEC. 1910 states that it is based on the NEC. The reason for my question has to do with the fact that I don't have any experience with OSHA, and the new safety director that we have is trying to get the company in compliance. We have to meet 1926 as well, but for the time being I'm trying to get our offices, maintenance areas, etc. up to speed as relates to 1910. Performance based "reg's" can leave a broad range of interpretation. You know how it can be when "nonelectrical people" try to tell us e"lectrical people" how to do our job. We tend to get alittle..........hmmm....defensive...........protective......objective......rejective...... then offensive....then the authorities are called....the homocide division...funeral homes....next of kid...lawyers, etc, etc, etc.
Just ask George Corron, he'll tell you I got my M.D. from Witch Doctor University. They still teach blood letting there. So, you know.....I don't mind taking a life or two.....if that's what it takes. Notice that all this rhetoric was generated from OSHA.

Offensively Yours,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX