All this reminds me... when i was in grade 10 my high school offered a class about electrical wiring as an elective, so i took it since electricity has always been my interest. During one class our teacher was trying to explain 240V branch circuits. He told the class that ALL 240V circuits needed a neutral wire as the return path, and that your stove, dryer etc. crossed the two hot wires and the 240V load was connected across the two crossed hot wires and the neutral. [Linked Image] So later I tried to tell him that not all 240V circuits needed a neutral and that the neutral was included in stove and dryer circuits only to run clocks, lights and timers, and that the 240V potential was obtained across the two hot phases. He didn't believe me so the next day I brought in a NEMA 6-15 (tandem blade) receptacle to try to prove to him the neutral wasn't needed to obtain 240V. He took a moment to think about how he was going to B.S. his way out of this one, then told me that the ground must be used as the return path in this case. I tried to tell him he was still wrong then he got p*ssed off, so i gave up! [Linked Image] Maybe one day he will figure it out...