Let's not get too far off topic here. It's just too easy to do ...

That Steve is an engineer doing electric work - well, that's a whole 'nother issue.
As is the very idea that the US military, with the tens of thousands of trained troops, can't produce a single electrician's mate to do this right ... well, who ever expects sense from the government?
Think of it as "Vigilante action." Steve gets to design, install, inspect, and approve his work. Sort of like being jugge, jury, and prosecutor laugh

Anyway ... I've tested, and examined lots of stuff of this sort in the past; some was even for a testing agency.
By far the main problems discovered had to do with strain relief and abrasion protection. That's why I suggested the heavy duty cord grips.

In a quirk of bureaucratic logic, UL will not list a power strip that can be easily, securely mounted. Their concern has to do with the fear that the circuit would then have too many receptacles (remember that 90 watt per recep thing in the load calcs?) Therefore, the strips can only be 'temporary' ... which in turn suggests NOT being able to bolt them in place.
I didn't say I agreed with this silliness; I'm just reporting it.