The last time I was in a television studio (KATU 2, Portland, Oregon, in 2003) they were using banks of CFL lights. The fixtures were panels roughly 36' x 24', that contained a row of tubes and a reflector. As far as I know, they were dimmable. They still had a couple of incandescent fresnels in there, too. I suspect that one of the motivations to use CFL over incandescent in a studio is heat, as they pack lights in there pretty tightly, and only 10' or so above your head.

On the stage, our lighting is still done with quartz-halogen incandescent lamps, partially because of the easier dimmability, faster rise time, consistency of intensity, etc. Although, a lot of big-money rigs (like concerts) have some pretty cool LED setups. Not only do they draw less power, but they can be plugged directly into the wall (no external dimming needed) and have a full 256-bit color mixing spectrum. I haven't worked with any of them personally (as I don't work in a "big-money" shop) but I've seen pictures and demos online and in print. They are primarily sold as replacement for PAR or Fresnel-type fixtures, as they have a semi-diffused beam. While these may replace some incandescent fixtures, the old quartz-halogen lamp will probably remain the mainstay for spot-type fixtures.