Even a popular talk-show host, Rush Limbaugh, has diverted from the usual political chat to delve into this nonsense.
I bet that was interesting! I can just imagine Rush's views on this! [Linked Image]

Mike,
I understand your frustrations. We're seeing a similar increase in bureaucracy here. From this April new applicants for a passport are going to be required to attend a formal interview, and that's going to be extended to renewals as well within a couple of years. The price is also going through the roof, and of course this is due to be tied in to the new "Big Brother" national ID database. I'm going to make sure I get my passport renewed for another 10 years before all that comes in.

As for asking your income, I'd tell them it's none of their business and leave that entry blank.

Driver licenses? Don't talk to me about the British DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency). Totally inept and incompetent just about sums up that department.

My vehicle license is due the end of this month. Another £175 into government coffers for what is jokingly referred to as the "Road Fund Licence." (On top of the 300% tax on fuel.) Except for the main highway, none of the roads around my local area seem to have had any maintenance for years. Rough surfaces and potholes are becoming the order of the day. Pretty soon we'll need Sherman tanks, nevermind 4x4s! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 02-25-2007).]