they can be dangerous to us users of rotating machinery
That's a good point. If the filament bulb is to go out of production completely, what's going to happen for workshops? Is everyone going to have to use 3-phase to minimize the stroboscopic effect? Or will incandescent bulbs still be available, but perhaps only with some sort of "special" base so that people won't be tempted to buy them for regular home use? (If so, can we then expect workshop users to have to fork out more money for replacement holders/fittings?)

What about theatre/studio/TV use? I guess filament lamps will still be available in these sort of powers/styles.

From my own perspective, is it me getting old, or are the 'equivalent to' wattage ratings on these bulbs a bit optimistic?
I'd say so. Those 11W CFLs which are supposedly equivalent to 60W GLS don't look anywhere near as bright to me, unless it's just the different spectrum of light who makes them appear that way.

My other objection is being pontificated at by some fourth-rate smarmy gummint parasites on my right to choose my light bulbs
My sentiments exactly!