Mike, thanks for the positive feedback there! I really hope its something that I could achieve. I think it's something i have a natural skill for, and I sure as heck enjoy it with a burning passion.

I do know mnay people who studied in a particular field and now do things utterly unrelated. I just feel the vision thing maybe the only thing holding me back. Also, I would have to start at the bottom and crawl my way up.

Pauluk, I totally agree. There is too great an expectation, by all, that we should all go to uni now and get degrees. I enjoyed uni, and am pleased i managed a 2:1, but the £15K debt and a qualification in a subject i feel little for now, seems to take the edge off. As i recall we have a national shortage of sparkies, plumbers, gas fitters etc. There should be a greater push and incentive for young people to take up these trades.

Does anybody know of any electrical contractors or firms in and near to the Norwich area that may be interested in taking on an apprentice? Maybe one with computing and IT skill with experience and knowledge of structured data cabling and POTS wiring also?