I recently was asked to do some wiring for a remodel and was subsequently asked to see why an outlet in the garage was burning up equipment. The homeowner said that his a friend, "an electrician installed a grounded outlet in the garage" and a few months later they lost a saw and a radio. Notice the ground wire attached to the metallic box which is not grounded and the white wire terminated opposite the ground terminal. The picture of the pie tin reflector is from the same garage. It was removed after advising the homeowner of potential hazards. Hope you can use the photos for your violations forum.
Just a caution: it takes more than a tester to identify when a two-prong receptacle is replaced by a three-prong type. For those who have clever "tricks" for beating the tester, there is a word: fraud. Any house built pre-1960 is suspect, even if the service has been upgraded. Just because the tester says "ok," it doesn't guarantee that there isn't a safety or power quality issue.
You know what's kinda neat? The way the pie tin is positioned will create a lot of heat buildup on the screwshell of the bulb, causing the cement inside to deteriorate. Eventually Harry Homeowner will be left with a bulb dangling by the wires fastened to the inside of the shell.
BTW, does it look like the white wire on the receptacle is connected to the wrong terminal(among other problems)?