ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

>> Home   >> Electrical-Photos   >> Classifieds   >> Subscribe to Newsletter   >> Store  
 

Advertisement:-Left

Custom and Personalized Fall Gifts and Decor
Halloween Gifts and Decor

Recent Gallery Topics:
What in Tarnation?
What in Tarnation?
by timmp, September 10
Plumber meets Electrician
Plumber meets Electrician
by timmp, September 10
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 572 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 849
Y
Member
When I talk to someone that feels they know the Code very good ,I always ask them where Cigarette Lighter Receptacles is referenced in the Code.How many here (just curious ) know where thats located??A little Morning brain teaser for you guys.

Work Gear for Electricians and the Trades

Workgear for Electricians

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 59
S
Member
551.10(H)
Twelve volt recepticles that will accept and energize cigarette lighters shall be installed in a noncombustable outlet box, or the assembly shall be identified by the manufacturer of the product as thermally protected.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 2,876
E
e57 Offline
Member
Ooooo.... Thats good! New one for me!


Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 86
N
Member
Sparky, You have impressed me. I would not have even thought of looking for anything regarding cigarette lighters in the code. Read your post and immediately picked up the code book from the shelf. Got to get to reading more.
Ron

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 59
S
Member
thanks. I have been off work since may with an on the job injury, so I have been doing alot of reading...code book, Mike Holts books and videos etc. Took the Experior masters last month and passed with an 91%. It's amazing what sinks in when you're off your feet for awhile.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5