ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 376 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
I
I think everyone involved is at fault if for no more reason than poor planning, a series of unintentional mistakes were made, and everybody's gone into disaster control / embellishment mode.
Time will have the answers.

Most sensible comment made in this thread so far.

Having just come back from a personal visit to the site that appears to be the case.

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 12-31-2006).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
Bob,
You guys are amazing.

Not one of you has been there but have all the answers.
We always aim to please, you know. [Linked Image]

I
Mike I mean no disrespect to you and I know your background but your trying to compare your experience with how things are a world away.

As much as we are the same we are different.

I take real exception to that comment!.
Having been both Paid and Volunteer as a Fire-Fighter, IMO the Volunteers are more professional than the Paid ones.
At least the Volunteers don't Moon-light!.

Let me say I have the utmost respect for firefighters both volunteer and paid. [Linked Image]

But it is a fact that in this area the volunteer department personal are nowhere near as busy or experienced as the full time guys.

If your insulted I am sorry but that is the fact here.

As far as the Moonlighting thing...you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the laws in MA. Licensed Journeymen are legally allowed to 'moonlight' here. As a licensed J-man all I need to do is get some generally liability insurance and I can wire whatever I want. I can do that full time or I can do it on the side, either is ethical and legal.

So just drop the moonlighting BS, and stick with this thread.

Bob

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
I
By the way Mike, in this area it is very common that the firefighters moonlight as electricians.

Their odd schedules make that work well for them.

As long as they have an electrical license they are legally entitled to do so.

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 12-31-2006).]

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
W
You guys don't even know what a hick town is, my town doesn't have fire dept, volunteer or otherwise [Linked Image]

I can't seem to get it to link, but a Terraserver 1987 topo map shows 4 poles (or the 2 tower structures) running down the easement.
It appears they were there first.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 12-31-2006).]

I
I saw the link, I cut and pasted it to my address bar and got it.

It was pretty cool.

I have pictures, there is no doubt that one run of lines is fresh. The ground around each pole is freshly disturbed.

It looks like one of the inside sets of lines is new or it may have been there on tall wood poles but has been replaced with metal poles.

Bob

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
I
Cut and paste the following into your address bar for the map electure found.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=12&Z=19&X=388&Y=5813&W=3&qs=225+Lindsey%7c%7cma%7c&Addr=225+Lindsey+St%2c+North+Attleboro%2c+MA+02760&ALon=-71.2806738&ALat=4%201. 9876283

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
Bob's link above works fine. Going thru this thread is akin to a quick geography lesson.

As to the fluoro lamp 'illuminating', it has happened to ME a few times (F120-CW-HO) on sign maint jobs, a little 'to close' to the primaries.

As to this 'owners' quandry, the scenario does not sound '100%'. Surveys, zoning, footing & foundation locations, inspections, title search, banks, etc. And no one had noticed?

Happy New Year to all, Peace and Good Will.

John

John
C
Very interesting reading here. I live six miles form the home and find the experts here quite humorous. It is real amazing how everyone who lives so far from here has all the answers. Bob has been very accurate in his posts. There is a lot of he said they said going on with this home.

As far as National Grid goes I do not believe a word of theirs. In this area to get a building permit the lot must be surveyed first. Then you get a foundation permit. Install the foundation for the home and have the property resurveyed to show the placement of the foundation on the lot. Submit this plan to the building department and you will get a building permit if everything is correct. So if his foundation was in National Grids easement do you think the town would have issued a permit to build? I do not. North Attleboro is no little HICK town. No I do not live in North Attleboro.

One more interesting point to consider here. The house does not have a connected electrical service to it, but you can read 59.6 volts between the ground of a receptacle next to the sink and the stainless steel sink. Sounds like EMF to me but I am not an expert.

Al

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard