ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 425 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
SUPER Photo's

Many thanks for sharing those with us.

Kind regards

Raymond

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
J
white knuckes my behind.

you would have had to take my knocking knees down with the help of a fire department.

Geeze that is high up.

edit to add: how do you get up there? do you have to climb a ladder?

[This message has been edited by jwhite (edited 10-08-2006).]

K
Does that thing not sway a lot in the wind and if so how does the metal condit handle the movement? (assuming it is metal)

Hate to have been the apprentice on that job. Could you imagine the things the tradesmen would get you to do?

Kenny

der Großvater
E
e57 Offline OP
The elevator trip is about 5-minutes, and the thing is so tight that one man and his tools are about it. 3 men standing face to face uncomfortably close, nose to nose is how I got there. I did notice that all of the electrical work was designed to be minimal material, and long life span. RMC and purposely put in accessable areas, not much of it was too close to the edge. You really cant tell from the angle of the pic's but where the conduit would have been easier to instll on some of the angle iron, (Like the 1st pic of the second post) they purposely took it to the other side and attacted it to the saddle casting instead. Much harder to attach to, but when you are actually there you realize that phycologicaly they were leaning toward what they felt more solid to work on. As both of those conduits go back out to the outside away closer to the edge, but to install it where it would have been a simpler install, they would have had to lean out.... And really I do not blame them! Evident in pic 5 of the second post... Instead they are at knee hieght, so they crouched hugging the more phycologicaly solid area, and stayed low, where if they stood they would have had to deal with that equilibrium effect of the horizon line continuing below thier feet. I imagine most of this work being done on the typical foggy day - high wind day, where up there it would feel like standing on a cloud. I was there on a sunny still afternoon and found it hard to handle a larrieted camera without consentrating on how my hands were coming off of hand-holds and my sense of balance. I was up there for several hours, and that was really hard to take your mind off.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 10-08-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
I
3 men standing face to face uncomfortably close, nose to nose is how I got there.

I think I would like that less than the height. [Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
S
That kind of work is not for me.Would'nt mind going up there but working up there forget it.

E
e57 Offline OP
Working the electrical side of it is nothing.... The painters are true dare devils! They paint that thing constantly, and have to get to places that I would NEVER go! And if I did, I would be in full pucker diamond production mode.

Mark Heller
M
mmmm. I see Sausalito resturants down there. Now I'm getting hungry.

T
Awesome pictures, thanks for posting them!

We went out to San Francisco on vacation a few years ago. We saw the tip-top of the bridge from Mt.Tam & saw the bottom of it from a boat. The rest was fog.

Dave

PS My son appreciated the diamond comment.

E
e57 Offline OP
Yes, they don't make flat gray post-cards with San Francisco written on them for no reason at all. Weather like that is not rare, but it does seem to be at times.

Mark Heller
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard