ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 398 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#6872 06/24/05 07:22 AM
Ex pat. Brit, and with Mrs B., wife of 35 years, living in Mayenne, France. Ex- English Grammar School boy = educated by liberal use of the stick, (no bloody carrots in my day!). Served 5 years apprenticeship with a machine tool manufacturer, and a few years journeyman draftsman. Worked as draftsman, project engineer and other job titles for HM Government for 30 odd years, then sold double-glazing for a while (till the bruises started to show!), plus other part-time jobs. Retired in 1993. Presently, I do what I like, or rather what we like, or should I say what she likes?! Only joking, dear [Linked Image]!

Ow!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
#6873 06/26/05 11:11 PM
S
Hello all,
I,m Stu from Stamford, CT
I'm lic. in CT & NY.
I've been in the business about 30 years.

Best to all of you

#6874 06/27/05 09:02 PM
S
Today is the 1 year anniversary of my discovery of this forum...which is my favorite site to visit [Linked Image]

Thanx to all who have responded to my posts...

From somewhere in the little bedroom community of Norfolk Massachusetts...

your friend,

shortcircuit

#6875 08/03/05 04:07 AM
D
Can we keep this thread going?

Anyone from St. Louis or Illinois?

#6876 08/03/05 09:06 AM
M
I'm In! Been to other groups and always come back here. You guys and gals are the best around. Been doin' electrical for 25 years. (Wow! That's a quarter of a centry) Good to see new faces.

Blessings,
Mark

#6877 08/03/05 09:13 AM
B
i am from good old England,

on the south coast with a lot of water around me, i work mainly within the Liesure industry,Bars, Restaurants, Nigh clubs etc, a little res and a lot of big commercials,

been in the trade since 83`. happy as larry with what i do, (but not with the idiots who think they know what theyt are doin).

John
Britspark

#6878 08/03/05 11:26 AM
M
I currently live in Manhattan, Kansas, but I have lived in Rock Springs, Wyoming too. I have done a lot of different things including dropping out of college twice (LOL), but really enjoy this forum and all the people here. Currently I am in industrial plant maintenance, and thinking sbout going back to school AGAIN!

#6879 08/03/05 12:54 PM
Hello all, Tony from Los Angeles area (Hawthorne to be exact.)

Have worked with electricians in Fresno and Redondo Beach. Highest voltage I have worked to date was 480/277.

Spent time in the Air Force, working weapons loading on A-10's (great craft) and F-4's. (BTW, 115v 400hz aircraft power packs an especially potent punch. Thanks to a certain A-10 I found this out the hard way.)

Got to "work" live 12kv while in Nor. Cal., thanks to a friend at a POCO.

Currently run my own biz doing cinema sound and projection installs and repairs.

Been here for about a year now, very informative and everyone really gets along well, great job Bill A. and mods! There are some lively debates but everyone stays reasonably civil. [Linked Image]

A special hello to Alan Belson!! Mr. B, Your posts are always great for a laugh and very informative!! Cheers!

Stupid should be painful.
#6880 08/03/05 02:03 PM
I
"I currently live in Manhattan, Kansas"
Oh yeah, the Little Apple! Pretty cool, someone else who has actually heard of the place. That's where I was born, 'lived on base at Ft Riley (Army Brat!)

As for me I work at Harris Corporation. We build secure comm systems for the military.
Lots of really cool stuff that, unfortuneatly, I can't talk about. I also used to do residential wiring.

#6881 08/03/05 08:53 PM
H
Hello new members,

I have been here for years on several different boards and there is nothing to be afraid of. Of all the boards I have been on, this board has been the nicest, and most helpful, board that I can think of. There isn't a lot of "Flaming" and the people here are very nice and helpful. They don't treat you like you are stupid, they are willing to go the extra mile to help you with a question. Joe, and Bill, and so many other people have many, many years of experience, and they are so willing to talk to all of us in our times of needs. They can help to dicuss questions about the code, your business, and so many other things, that this board is a wealth of information. As for my self, I have been missing for several months because of a computer problem. That will be seen under another post.

Harold

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard