ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
...microwave oven...
mxslick, a gem! [Linked Image] Couldn't see the rest of your post through the tears of laughter!

BTW I don't have a mobile phone either, so that's 2 of us. If I wanted to cook what few brain-cells I have remaining, I'd shove my head under the grill.

Alan

Wood work but can't!
E
jraef & e57 are correct. You're asking the [old/obsolete] wrong question.

All systems have phones that'll beep/vib when someone leaves a message. You don't need a pager anymore.

Thank you, Mr. Belson!! [Linked Image]

I wouldn't be too surprised if any of those bizarre functions I mentioned eventually do show up!!

Now if I can locate a cell phone that'll automatically pay my taxes....on the provider's monies.... [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.
S
Heck, cell phones have steadily become worthless pieces of dog doodie since it has become "hip" to have your camera/Video Recorder/MP3 player/day planner/dog walker/back scratcher/microwave oven/photo album, etc. in your cell phone!!
You clearly haven't discovered the joys of a full converged smartphone! Once you go Treo, you'll never go back. Shoot, I can even browse & post to this forum on it. And if I didn't have to worry about security regulations (stupid workplace ban on camera phones), it would be my digital camera/camcorder to- as it is, I have a separate digital camera/camcorder about the same size that I also have to carry. All the devices now share so much of the same components- why carry 2 batteries, 2 CPUs, 2 memory cards, 2 shiny metal cases, 2 LCDs, etc, when you scan slap a lens on a cell phone and an antenna on a PDA and have one awesome device that's actually smaller than my "just plain cell phone" was 4 years ago?

Really, who needs pagers anymore when you can get full-up email pushed right to your phone?

[This message has been edited by SteveFehr (edited 08-12-2006).]

O.k. Steve, but how well does the PHONE work? [Linked Image]

Range, clarity, ability to actually hear it ring, sound quality? [Linked Image]

Back to you... [Linked Image]

G
I agree about the phone part. My wife has a blackberry/phone/nextel but she has to stand on the roof of her truck sometimes to get a signal. The guys with the old nextel "brick" are sitting next to her in the truck talking.
Important distinction on a rainy day.

Greg Fretwell
S
The Treo actually works pretty well as a phone, mxslick, and has an excellent speakerphone to boot! That it feels like a phone and is comfortable to talk on was a main reason I chose it over so many of the bricks out there on the market. Reception is about the same as any other phone- my only complaint is that the antenna can't be extended for greater gain.

H
hypress Offline OP
I went to the cingular store yesterday and got my new phone. After very one at cingular assured me that there was no such thing as pager alert I was going through the voicemail options and I found voice mail notification.It works the same way my old system did except the pager displays "1PAGE" rather than my cellphone number. Life is grate again .NOW IF I CAN JUST FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE NEW CELLPHONE

Thanks for the info, Steve..I'll see if my provider can set me up with one.... [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard