ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Spending 32 hours in the chatroom on ECN should be good enough [Linked Image]

Seriously though... There's ALOT thats simply 'relevant'. Take a PLC class from Allen Bradley, go see Joe Tedesco at a seminar, spend 32 hours reading Mike Holt books... Go watch the Home Depot "How to Install a Ceiling Fan" demo... (maybe not that last one.. [Linked Image] ) But the Depot guy would be an "education provider" while giving instruction which would be relevant to our trade.. It doesn't say the instruction has to be useful, but it seems to fit the letter of what they want [Linked Image]

S
Sorry your melonoma turned out to be benign.
Mine is exremely malignant in a good way.

Renewal:
On the back burner since all certs obtained prior to 01/01/06 start the reset clock to 01/01/06. Since the first certs don't come due 'till '09, no big hurry. You know what that means with this crowd. Wait to the last minute. Can you say "another extension?"

Enforcement:
The parties listed in the flyer in the OP, are being sought out by the DAS to inform them of the law. The language in the flyer is a bit misleading. Nothing more at this time.

All the above is not officially released and plausible deniability invoked. wink wink

Larry LeVoir
Inspector
City of Irvine, CA
S
I have sent the LA office of DAS several emails about where to get the "continuing education", and just what courses are acceptable.

Their response is what follows the "period" at the end of this sentance and my name.

Steve

Thanks
Steve
L
LK Offline
Well if they do it like a lot of states, the courses must be approved, i spent 34 hours in class, sign in, sign out, have picture id, and current Lic., one whole week, and about $1,200 in course fees, you must have proof of hours attended, and it's your task, to make sure you have all records in order, good luck!

M
A few years back I studdied and received my master electrical contractors license, Then later I wanted to become an inspector. which I am now certified.( the ICC and the IAEI) We thought about re-locating to Florida it took six months of paper work to be certified in the state of Florida.
So don't give up.

ken
G
Florida didn't give me any credit for IAEI/ICBO 2A, 2B or 2C certification. I needed to get the equivilent SBCCI certifications before I could apply for my license.

Greg Fretwell
E
e57 Offline
OK now, THIS is the FIRST notification I have recieved from the DAS.

This is the only time that I know of that the actually attempted to contact C-10 contractors directly.

[Linked Image from markhellerelectric.com]

Note the date..... This has been going on for a long time, and many of us know about it only by word of mouth.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
N
There were some notices in the CSLB newsletter that I got, plus have same notice you posted. (Was thinking about scanning it, thanks for doing so).

E
e57 Offline

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
A little question if I may:
How many reminders have there been sent out since this started?.
There comes a point when sending out reminder after after reminder, becomes futile, as there will be those that will just file the thing in the Out bin.
In my own opinion, those that have a need to be certified, should be by now, they have had ample time to get with the program.
Anything less, just screams, I can't be bothered, I have no respect for the trade I work in. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard