ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#66178 05/23/06 08:29 AM
A
AZSam Offline OP
During coffee w/ex-EC’s we talked about eccentricities of ourselves and our colleagues. Some kinda funny.
One refused to hire anyone with a beard.
Another was so cantankerous, and code knowledgeable, that the AHJ wouldn’t even inspect his jobs but would deliver the final by mail or hand delivery.
Another, after bad experiences, refused any work for religious organizations or attorneys. We all knew Sam S. He loved litigation. We think he should have been a lawyer.
A crusade by J.D. to get the NEC adopted universally w/o modification.
Bill H. who married 5, yes 5, of his secretaries. (He did divorce 4).
Some of us knew Milton H. He served 8 months for killing an AHJ. Jury ruled involuntary manslaughter. A lot more to that story.
Glenn P. who refused to hire college graduates. Preferred those with practical experience.
And we had Anthony G. He had the most beautiful office personnel you can imagine. All of the 9 females in his office looked like beauty queens, and in fact, one was a former Miss Missouri.
Ah, the good old days.

AZSam

#66179 05/23/06 09:34 PM
W
WFO Offline
Quote:
"Some of us knew Milton H. He served 8 months for killing an AHJ. Jury ruled involuntary manslaughter."

Don't know what an AHJ is, but if it's a lawyer, I assume it was justifiable homicide.

#66180 05/23/06 10:39 PM
J
An AHJ is an "Authority Having Jurisdiction". Who woulda thunk that a red tag could lead to a toe tag?
Joe

Link Copied to Clipboard