ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 566 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Al, if you don't mind...

What is level II certified, and how many levels are there?

Dnk..

W
Thats a big boy breaker [Linked Image]
Cool pics and a real savings to some production facility that doesn't want to go down.

C
Dnk, there are 3 Levels of certification. Go to www.infraredtraining.com you can get all the info about each level of certification their. Click on certification and courses.

Basically each level is more training in the use of infrared. You could make a comparison of IR Levels to Electrical licenses ( Journeyman, Master). You put in the time, take the class and pass an exam. Complete a field assignment and receive your certification. This is a very brief answer to your question.

Walrus, That was a 350 amp 480 volt breaker drawing 80 amps.

Al

[This message has been edited by capt al (edited 03-26-2006).]

[This message has been edited by capt al (edited 03-26-2006).]

X
We have a FLIR P65. FLIR.com has a lot of info on it. We got the camera, and about 6 of us went to level 1 training provided by FLIR. Our place is huge, and we have 100's of panels. I've found several potential problems doing prev. maint. with this.

I
I've been having a look online and the camera I mentioned on my earlier post can be obtained in the US for about $3000. That gives you a colour readout as well.

I'll try and get some images sent through for posting so you can compare them to the others.

Cheers

Ian

Al, thanks for the photos!! A great illustration of IR cameras saving the day (and maybe some lives/property.)

I'd hate to have seen the outcome of that breaker cooking long enough to develop a phase-to-phase fault!!

Stupid should be painful.
I
I'd hate to have seen the outcome of that breaker cooking long enough to develop a phase-to-phase fault!!

Thats kind of funny, Al and I where talking via Nextel just yesterday morning about that very possibility and we where wondering how much damage would have happened.

No doubt in my mind A1 saved this facility a lot of downtime and expense. [Linked Image]

Bob

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 03-28-2006).]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
I
Can you please put this in the Thermal Imaging thread for me please?

It is an image of an 11kV wooden pole with a distribution transformer on
it.

Thanks

Ian (ianh)

[Linked Image]

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
D
Ian, what type and modle number camera is that?

And what does that picture tell you?
Was there a problem with the TXMR on the pole, or was it taken just for curiosity sake?

Does the field of view vary much with these, or do they all generally pan in and out quite a bit?

Dnk....

I
The camera I use is the Irisys IRI1011.

I was taking a photo of the pole as it also has some section fuses on it which have a habit of blowing. I wasn't expecting it to tell me much, but it was a new toy so it was worth a try. The image only tells you that the transformer is a bit warmer than the pole.

There is no zoom in/out facility on this camera, but I haven't found it to be a problem when I'm using it out on site.

Cheers

Ian

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard