ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
This book is a great place to start. Obviously, there's alot in it that'll baffle anyone who is just getting into the trade, but it'll definitely answer questions that arise on the job.

[Linked Image from delmarlearning.com]
http://www.delmarlearning.com/browse_catalog.aspx?cat1ID=ET&cat2ID=WR

Oh, and none of it will be helpful if you do not apply yourself.

E
Elviscat. You are just a 16 year old child. You are very lucky that your father allows you to work with him. You must obey every command he gives you and never question his wisdom. When your father speaks to you, listen to him as if it were God speaking.
Next time your father takes you to Mexico spend more time checking out the surf and the chicatas and less time looking at the abhorant wiring methods.
(signed)
Elecbob
your father

L
Elviscat,
Like you, my father used to take me on the job with him.
When I was 13, all my friends were out playing football after school and I was in some building pulling wire and fishing walls.
You father knows you better than any of us and will most likely show you new things when he deems you ready to learn them.
The biggest thing I can tell you is that this is a huge trade that encompasses a lot of theory and material. The fact that you are getting off to an early start is fantastic but, never let your ego get away from you on the job.
I've been licensed for 15 years in two seperate states and I run into new things on the job everyday.
Listen to what your dad and other electricians on the job tell you. Their experience is invaluable and most of all, ASK QUESTIONS. If you don't know how to do something, it's always better to ask than to make a mistake just because you were afraid of looking bad on the job.
The best advice I can give you at your age is to pay attention in algebra class.
You will use it alot in this trade.
Once you have a good algebra base, study ohms law and electrical theory.
These are things you won't learn on the job site.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard