ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 418 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Cat Servant
Wouldn't it be nice if....

Every job had a board listing every contractor, with a contact name and number? Sure would make co-ordination easier!

H
but now we play nice with them and if they don't charge us for damaging drywall around boxes, we don't charge em for covering them up.

Huh? What reason would you have to damage the drywall around a box if the drywallers had done there job right in the first place?

Okay, maybe if we screw up and have to cut the wall up but most likely it's not us but another trade that damaged our work.

-Hal

E
e57 Offline
Wouldn't it be nice if....
Every job had a board listing every contractor, with a contact name and number? Sure would make co-ordination easier!
You mean yours don't... [Linked Image]
Kidding, I have most on speed dial, most of our work has been the same subs for eons.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
T
Here we have round boxes with ears like US old work boxes that are installed after the drywall is complete. So usually the drywallers are asked just to cut a small hole and leave thze flex conduit hanging out. After drywalling is complete the electrician returns, cuts in his boxes with a hole saw, puts in the boxes and installs the devices. On the last job the homeowner's dad was doing the drywalling. He asked one of the sparkies if he could cut the boxes so we only had to install them. Ok, he even lend him a hole saw.
Now when we returned we found he did cut the holes... but always only one, even where a 5 gang belongs... so we had big trouble finding the center of the round holes to mark the centers of the other boxes... *grrr*

My all time favourites are still tile guys who tile over electrical boxes! Had that twice. Makes for an interesting time!

H
When the rockers covered up my boxes on my jobs, I would go back with a sledge hammer and asked them nicely,"Do you want to find my hidden boxes, or do you want me too? And by the way, I may not be a neat as you!" They would take one look at the sledge hammer and then proceeded to find every one of my missing boxes.

L
" Wouldn't it be nice if....

Every job had a board listing every contractor, with a contact name and number? Sure would make co-ordination easier!"

That's the GC's job.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
That seems to be a continuous problem everywhere. Sometimes despite accounting for the thickness, you get foamers or stucco guys who bury those boxes. there have been times we've had to tone out just where the HECK they are so we dont go knocking out holes everywhere. (Though its been done, too).
Then someone suggested using those box extensions, too, which you cant possibly lose with those....but who wants to take the extra time to mess with those on every single box, then have to take them all off again when its time to trim and put 'em away for the next project.
[Linked Image from i8.photobucket.com]

"Live the dream, you only get one chance."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard