ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
It's been a while since I saw T bar go up but as I recall they go up and hang all the wires first, then come down to ceiling level, set the laser and hang the Tbar from the dangling wire.
I have seen places with more space above the T bar than below it.

Greg Fretwell
I
How do the ceiling guys attach the wire to the building supports without having to reach up there?

A tool is sold that goes on 3/4" EMT that allows you to reach up to the bar joists through the grid and twist on the tie wires.

That aside it is just as easy to make one.

We also have a long drill extension (about 12') that allows you to reach up and install drill tipped eye bolts on jobs that you can not wrap around a truss.

These work well in corrugated metal buildings with the perlins that support the roof deck.

Ideally you want to get them in before the grid as Greg said.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
D
Thanks guys, the reason for the question is:

What do you do if the cieling is exsisting, and you want to add some wire for new lay-in lights?

I am thinking it would be easy to get one of these tools, and add some wires to attach to the lights, for support.

Any pics of these "tools" or ideas where to get one?

Dnk.........

S
We use this pole with tech screw eye bolts that the #12 wire goes thru. http://www.sammysuperscrew.com/sampole.htm
First you screw the screw into the metal roof deck and then pull down about 10" and twist the wire and then pull the wire out of the pole.

C
Cow Offline
I used one of those pole tools for the first time a couple of months ago. It worked great, quick and easy to use.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard